CONTRACTED CADET: A student who has signed an ROTC contract and will serve his/her military service obligation upon graduation. There are contract scholarship cadets and contract non-scholarship cadets. These cadets receive a monthly stipend through the academic months of $420/month. They are required to attend all lecture, labs, physical training sessions and extra-curricular ROTC training events.
A contracted Army ROTC Cadet must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be between the ages of 17 and 39
- 17-26 for scholarship prospects
- Must have completed one of the following:
- MILS MSC 11, 12
- Army Basic Training
- Basic Camp
- Accelerated Cadet Commissioning Training
- Have a cumulative and term GPA of at least 2.00
- 2.50 GPA for scholarship prospects
- Pass the Army Physical Fitness Test
- Minimum score of 180 (with at least a 60 in each event)
- Comply with the Army Body Composition program, Army Regulation (AR) 600-9.
- OR the Army’s body fat percentage standards.
- Have a qualified DoDMERB
- Have a certified CC 104-R Academic Planner Worksheet (see below attached Excel files)
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on active duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or Army National Guard).
The following documents are required when you contract with Army ROTC:
- DD 2058
- DD 93
- W-4 (2021)
- SGLV 8286
- SF 1199A (requires financial institution representative's signature for verification)