Enlisted in the Army


  • US Citizen

  • Be 17 years of age within the first semester of your freshman year, and must not reach your 31st birthday by 31 December of the year in which you will graduate from college and receive your commission.

  • Be a high school graduate or possess an equivalent certificate before September of the year you will enter college. If you are taking or have taken college courses, you must be considered a beginning Freshman and have 4 academic years remaining for a baccalaureate degree upon enrollment in the fall of the year you will enter college.

  • Pursue an Army approved academic major.

  • Agree to accept a commission as either a Regular Army, Army National Guard, or US Army Reserve officer.

  • Meet physical standards.

  • Other requirements apply depending on the type of scholarship you are applying for. For more information contact the Scholarship and Recruiting Officer.